Pages

Sunday 6 May 2012

It's that time again!

It's that wonderful time of year when the whole of the UKs teenagers go into a state of depression. Yes, that's right, it's exam time. Well, it will be in a couple of weeks but at the moment it's still revise-loads-even-though-we-don't-care-if-we-pass-or-not time. I hate revising because, for me at least, it's not revising at all, its learning. I have no recollection of learning anything at school that's in my science revision guide so I am having to teach  myself and then revise it the next day. I have a vague memory of doing the things in my RE 'guide to sucesses' in class but to be honest all we do in RE is watch videos and argue.

This whole learning scenario has got me thinking, why do I bother going to school? I clearly don't learn anything that's in the exams so why don't I just stay at home and teach myself? Think about it, we're at school from 9am-3pm with 1hr 20 mins for break and lunch. If I worked while I ate my lunch and didn't have a break I could finish at 1:55! (If my maths serves me correctly). Also, the amount of time teachers spend doing the registers, checking our uniform and checking that we have all our equipment must come to at least half an hour and I wouldn't have to do any of that if I was at home. The majority of the school day is just time being wasted.

Anyway, I must dash I've got chemistry to learn/revise. Do you know anything about the 'Finacial benefits of the Harbour Process'? No, me neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment