Pages

Monday 5 December 2011

All I want for christmas is food....

Merry December everyone! It's not quite Christmas yet, people really do need to calm down with the Christmas decorations, but we're getting pretty close. I absolutely love Christmas, it's my favourite time of the year and as you only get about 80 you may as well make the most of every one.

The reason I love Christmas so much is not because of the presents or the cards, it's the atmosphere. It's the time of year that everybody is happy and gets into the spirit of things. For example, I am the worst singer in the world, even my mum says singing is not one of my 'greater talents' but I just can't help myself belting out a couple of Christmas songs through-out December. Also, I am dead set against anything tacky but come Christmas I am all for singing Santa's and dancing snowmen, after all Christmas is Christmas. Even my mum who comes from the rather posh end of York loves a good light up snow globe at Christmas.

I think people of my age tend to forget what Christmas is really about. They forget about being happy and being with their family, all they care about is what presents they get. Don't get me wrong I love Christmas presents but without them I am sure Christmas would still be my favourite time of year where as most teenagers 'wouldn't see the point', which is really sad. Also, they take advantage of Christmas. All year they walk around school saying "Oh yeah, Gods fake init" but as soon as it turns December they are perfectly happy to celebrate the birth of Gods son aren't they? I have nothing against atheists, but if your going to be one, stick to it.

Now, I have missed one vital element of Christmas out of my blog, THE FOOD. I love Christmas food, I love Christmas eve roast ham, I love cheese and crackers at Christmas day tea time, I love boxing day cold turkey but most of all I love Christmas dinner. I look forward to it all year, the turkey, the roast, the stuffing, pigs in blankets, carrots, Yorkshire puddings, cranberry sauce, everything really. I also love Christmas pudding and Christmas cake, they are proper food in my opinion.

So that was some of my thoughts on Christmas, merry Christmas to all and to all a good night- if you don't know where that line is from you haven't had a proper childhood, sorry.

*If you have read this blog and your not christian I hope you have a lovely winter, I hope it snows!*

No comments:

Post a Comment